Friday, March 28, 2008

Wah! Noogeez House 华记粥面

I was supposed to go to Dim Sake Bar at Goodwood Park Hotel to have lunch. Only when I reached there did I find out that the restaurant only open in the evening... :( Needed a place to eat lunch, so I decided to go to Wah! Noogeez House. This was not the 1st time I had been there... went there twice previously.


The restaurant is located at the ground floor of Carlton Hotel in Bras Besar, opposite Bras Besar Complex. I went there to have dim sum. Its dim sum menu is very limited though. It serves the usual har kau, siew mai and char siew bao.



But this is the best... baked BBQ pork bun ($2.60/2 pcs). The crust is crispy and the pastry is soft. The BBQ pork inside is sweet...yummy. It's served hot. Its so good that I and my mother each ordered one plate.




The century and salted egg with lean meat congee(皮蛋咸蛋瘦肉粥), $7.00 is also nice. 2 persons can share one large bowl like this. The meat is really lean but I think the salted egg white is merged with the congee such that only the egg yolk could be seen.

Couple this with you tiao ($1.20) and its so nice. The you tiao is really crispy.



This is their steamed chicken claw with chilli (川椒凤爪). I never ate it. My mum did and she said that its not bad. The chicken claws looked sizable.



This is steamed glutinous rice with assorted meat (鲜荷珍珠鸡), $2.80/2 pcs. Each portion is really small so not to worry that after eating it, there is no more space left to eat other things.



So far I had not tried anything other than their dim dum. Its nice. If you want a quiet lunch, go before 12 pm. Once, the lunchtime crowd appears and the place can be very noisy.

No comments: