Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day Make-up Dinner....


Hee... thought that Mother's Day was this coming Sunday... that's why didn't bring her out yesterday or earlier. Usually, I'd bring her out earlier as Sunday would be quite crowded. She ever mentioned that she wanted to try Wah! Noogeez a-la carte buffet dinner. So that's where I brought her to for dinner. Their buffet menu had about 40 dishes I think... mainly hawker fair like wanton noodle, fried rice, lemon chicken etc... The noodle was really nice... Q Q and easily bitten off. I had tried similar noodle from a stall near my house. It was like biting wire... really needed some strength to bite off the noodle. That stall had since close down or shifted... anyway. The other dishes that we ordered were nice except for the pig's trotters which was mostly meatless, mainly fats and skin. The serving size of the dishes were ok except for some. I ordered one serving for prawns and chicken wings. When the dishes were served, the one serving was equivalent to 2 pieces of each. I looked at my mother and both of us laughed. The prawn was really pathetic. After peeling away the shell, it was really small. Nonetheless, both of us had a very filling dinner.

No comments: